Friday, June 24, 2011

Web Tools

So I've tried some web tools and I want to find something I can incorporate in my classes.

Glogster: It makes a poster. Yes, you can embed media. Maybe could be used for lab reports. The examples I look at had a middle school feel, no offense. Don't know how it would play in high school. I don't do much with presentations. Does it rplace powerpoint? Is it something new in a new way, not sure.

Webspiration: Makes a flow chart. Brainstorming. A handful a students sitting around a poster sheet of paper with markers except virtual. looked at a couple of chem examples--acid & bases and atomic theory. Looks like two slide, tranparncy or LCD. Seems more for language arts.

TED: Loke TED. Seems like a useful resource. But ulimately it is an old thing in a new way. Feed not VHS/CD. But better than old way. Updates, more recent and more variety, access.

No comments:

Post a Comment